Brush up on skills or learn at your own pace with the resources below.
Free, interactive online mini-courses in popular languages. Excellent starting point for learning from scratch!
- HackerRank — Coding/Logic Skills, Interview preparation
Know the basics? Challenges rated by difficulty/category with automatic test cases - perfect for preparing for interviews, flexing your logic and algorithmic skills!
- Project Euler — Math problems in any language
Mathematics-based problems requiring algorithmic solutions. Good way to push yourself for the mathematically inclined!
I Don't Know What to Make!
- To Learn Programming, Do Projects You Actually Care About
- Mega Project List — List of programming projects to work on, for programmers of all levels
- Reddit Daily Programmer — Entire Reddit community that posts coding ideas
Learning HTML and CSS is the first step towards creating websites:
- Dash — highly recommended interactive introduction to HTML and CSS
- HTML Dog: HTML Tutorials — written guides to HTML for all levels
- Vodien Education— Learn about common document structure
iOS App Development
Make apps for iPhone and iPad with Swift
Android App Development
Make apps for Android devices in Java
- Google Android Training — Introduction to using the Android Studio and getting started with simple apps
Git Version Control
Git is a system to keep track of your code - it's used by GitHub!
- Try Git — learn how to use the popular source control program
News and Other Resources
Common sources we use to keep up to date and learn about what's new